- Bay Area Thanksgiving 2016
- Meg's Le Nain Brothers tour, Palace of the Legion of Honor - Oct. 30, 2016
Meg leads a tour of the Le Nain Brothers exhibit at the Palace of the Legion of Honor the day before Halloween, 2016.
- WCHS Class of 1964 70th Birthday Party
I didn't get photos of everyone, unfortunately, most egregiously missing Larry, Cindy, and Marilyn, of all people. I think they were so busy moving around to make sure everything was going smoothly, I never caught them standing or sitting still. But I'll speak for everyone in expressing deep thanks to them and everyone else who worked so hard to enable the rest of us to simply show up and have a great time.
- MenziRave - September 2016
- Pierre Bonnard: PaintingArcadia, Palace of the Legion of Honor, San Francisco, Spring 2016
This Pierre Bonnard retrospective at the Palace of the Legion of Honor March-May 2016 covers Bonnard's entire career and was the only North American venue for the show. Meg led several tours of this showl
- Christmas 2015
Bay Area Holiday, with a visit from Allie for Thanksgiving and a shopping trip to Union Square, Christmas Tree Sunday and Parker's arrival on Dec. 20th, Christmas Eve with the Griffith-Olow family branch, Present Aigu on Christmas Day, and Jordan's arrival after Christmas. A warm and festive Holiday!
- Christmas Eve - 2015
- John Griffith's 90th birthday New Orleans weekend
- Family gathering at Craig and Emily's
- Feliz navidad, Carlos!
- Allie leaves home
- Connie's 60th birthday
Celebrating Connie on a milestone birthday!
- Whidbey Island, July
- Allie's 27th birthday
Lots of friends, lots of fun, for Allie's 27th birthday. Not even a Giants loss could dampen the spirits.
- Dell' Arte graduation 2014
- Eppie and Eli's engagement party
- Brunch with Arek's family
- Christmas 2013
- One autumn in Auburn
- A summer week in Mendocino
- El Cerrito High School coach appreciation party 2013
- Oliver Ranch Art Tour 2013
- Christmas 2012
Christmas 2012 at the old Menzimer-Griffith boarding house.
- WCC at the Solano Stroll 2012
On a sun-splashed Bay Area Sunday, a festive parade of WriterCoach Connection associates greeted Solano Strollers and signed 36 of them up for WCC.
- The Luncheon of the Gondola Party
Sandy and Catherine host Gail and David, Marsha and Stuart, and Bob and Meg for a sybaritic Sunday in wine country. Renoir couldn't make it.
- Meg's 60th birthday
Meg's 60th birthday weekend, full of family and friends.
- RWAT 2012
- East Coast trip - April 2012
- WriterCoach Connection at Berkeley Achievement Gap Symposium - Feb. 21, 2012
WriterCoach Connection at Berkeley, the UC Berkeley student organization representing WCC, collaborated with UC's Moffit Library to present a panel discussion on Bridging the Achievement Gap, at the Free Speech Movement Cafe on the Berkeley campus, on Tuesday, Feb. 21, 2012.
- Christmas 2011
- Griffith-Olow-Menzimer Christmas Eve 2011
Christmas Crab at the Menzimer-Griffith holiday table. Fun!
- WriterCoach Connection at the 2011 Solano Stroll
Recruiting volunteers for WriterCoach Connection at the Solano Stroll on Sept. 11, 2011.
- Cross country to see family
- Meg's birthday weekend - 2011
- James and Parker's birthday bash - 2011
Birthday barbecue for James and Parker on July 30, 2011. James' 21st birthday!
- County Fair 2011
- Connie and Grey visit the Bay Area - July 2011
- Memorial Day barbecue
Bay Area family gathering on Memorial Day weekend, 2011.
- WCC Read-and-Write-a-thon 2011
On Saturday, May 21, 2011, friends and associates of WriterCoach Connection gathered at the Willard Middle School library in Berkeley to celebrate the written and spoken word and raise funds to support WCC.
- Mother's Days: photos selected by her daughter
- WriterCoach Connection Oliver Ranch Art Tour 2011
Friends of WriterCoach Connection enjoyed a private benefit tour of the remarkable art installations on the Oliver Ranch, conducted by Steve Oliver, on a glorious Saturday, April 16, 2011. Many thanks to Steve and Nancy Oliver and our generous WCC benefactors!
- WriterCoach Connection benefit at Pegasus
Pegasus bookstore on Solano Avenue in Berkeley sponsors a regular literary series called First Person Singular. The store designated the Feb. 16, 2011 event as a benefit for WriterCoach Connection.
Titled "I'm with Cupid - Girl Group Songs and Other Teen Agonies," the post-Valentine's Day event featured Pegasus boss Joe Christiano and singer/actress Theresa Kelly performing memorable bubble-gum pop songs in recital mode, with pianist Joshua Raoul Brody.
As the packed house attested with considerable vigor, it was a finger-poppin' good time!
- Christmas 2010
- Christmas Eve 2010
- CSHE Chinese Institute - December 2010
- Thanksgiving 2010
- Halloween 2010
- WCC presentation slide show
- WriterCoach Connection in El Cerrito - Inaugural coach training
These WriterCoach Connection volunteers, completing their training on Sept. 8, 2010 under the guidance of trainer Laura Marlin, represent the first group of writer coaches for El Cerrito and Contra Costa County in the history of the program.
- WCC at Solano Stroll 2010
- Parker's birthday 2010
- The Glenn Seaborg Berkeley Institute on Higher Education
The Glenn Seaborg Berkeley Institute on Higher Education, sponsored by the UC Berkeley Center for Studies in Higher Education, was held on the UC Berkeley campus July 11 - 16, 2010.
- Alameda County Fair 2010
- Albany Garden 2010
The garden at our house, from spring through summer.
- The Clark Kerr Berkeley Institute on Higher Education
The Clark Kerr Berkeley Institute on Higher Education, sponsored by the UC Berkeley Center for Studies in Higher Education, was held on the UC Berkeley campus June 14-18, 2010.
- WCC Read-and-Write-a-thon 2010
WriterCoach Connection associates and friends gather to read from their favorite works, nonstop, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday, June 5, 2010, to raise funds to keep WCC volunteers working one on one, in class, with East Bay students on their English writing assignments, to help develop the students' writing and critical thinking skills. Thanks to outreach from WCC volunteer coaches and Community Alliance for Learning associates, contributions have poured into WCC from all over the country, to help keep the program going in the face of drastic school-district budget cuts.
- Mother's Day 2010
- Bard visit, April 2010
- Griffith-Menzimer invasion of historic Philadelphia
- Anne and Arek's wedding
- Hear Me Out! fundraiser for WriterCoach Connection in Albany
The Hear Me Out! fundraising project, sponsored by the East Bay Nation of Men and a group of local poets, comprised seven weeks of individual mentoring for young poets at Albany Middle School, culminating in a highly energetic and festive poetry reading event on Sunday, March 28, 2010.
- Dave, Annie, and Cody in the Bay Area, March 2010
- Albany Middle School writer coaching, Spring 2010
WriterCoach Connection volunteers work with AMS students on their I-Search projects.
- Menzimer-Griffith Christmas 2009
- WriterCoach Connection Oliver Ranch art tour 2009
- WCC at the Solano Stroll 2009
- WriterCoach Connection at the Oakland Volunteer Faire 2009
- Fun in NYC and Jersey - Aug. 2009
- Parker and James enter Bard, Aug. 8, 2009
- Bay Area visit from John, Cherie, and Neil - July 2009
John, Cherie, and Neil made a Bay Area stop on their road trip prior to leaving for South Africa.
- Allison's UCSB graduation - June 14, 2009
- Parker's AHS Graduation, June 12, 2009
- WCC Read-and-Write-a-thon 2009
- Prom 2009
- WCC Volunteer Picnic 2009
A celebration of our dedicated WriterCoach Connection volunteers and supporters--and of our invaluable site coordinators.
- Visiting Bard, friends, and family, April 2009
Trip to check out Bard with Parker, and to visit Rock and Meg's dad.
- Santa Barbara, March 2009
Trip to Santa Barbara to see Allison and Jordan, and to catch Allison as Kay in "Time and the Conways" on the Hatlen stage.
- Menzimer-Griffith Holidays 2008